Happy Sunday everyone!
Hope you are all out there enjoying the sunshine! I wanted to greet you all on this wonderful day by sharing my recent interview with our July 21st featured Spotlight Guest, 2016 Best Female Vocalist MAC Award Winner Meg Flather!
Aside from being beautifully warm and endearing, here are some facts about Meg Flather for those of you don't know her. Meg is an award-winning Cabaret artist, singer/songwriter with 7
albums released of original music, author of coming of age autobiography, "Home Shopping Diva...Lessons, Lyrics, and Lipstick" and Skincare Brand Ambassador who has appeared on all home shopping networks in America, Canada, and Australia.
Here are some interesting questions I asked Meg:
1) Can you share with us an interesting fact that most people don’t know about you?
I was born in the Philippines as my father was the first Peace Corps Director in Malaysia under the Kennedy Administration, so I spent my first 5 years in Micronesia and Malaysia. I think that is why I sing. The amazing local women who cared for me played music with and for me all day long while I rode in a sarong on their backs.
2) Over the years, aside from cabaret, you've had careers in home shopping, motivational speaking and so much more! Do you have a particularly interesting story that you'd like to share with the readers?
There are so many, but basically what they all have in common is the embracing of failures, rejections, to then wake up and choose the doors that say "Yes" rather than continuing to bang on the doors that say "No." My life is a life of making lemonade out of lemons. There were no mistakes, accidents, and now I set few goals. The real world is the invisible world. I stay out of the way.
3) What motivates your creativity and passion for life? Name three things that never fails to put a smile on your face!
1. Random kindness, when the system works and the underdog wins the race.
2. When my mother, hubby, circle of friends and family are having a good day.
3. A creative breakthrough like a new lyric, melody, way to educate a customer/co-worker on how to promote a cream I believe in more effectively, a new take on a cover I want to perform that actually works!
4) Share with us what you have in the pipeline for us to be on the lookout for!
My CD release show "Hold On Tight" of original songs, Directed By Lennie Watts and Musical Direction by Tracy Stark will be launched on Thursday, July 13, 7 PM at Don't Tell Mama.
Hopefully it will draw my Cabaret friends to listen to my older tunes and start singing all my songs! That is a real wish!
Wow! What interesting stories! I love learning about artists and their motivations and as I conduct these interviews, I've discovered so much about each and every one of them that I did not know previously; things I have in common as well as differences! All motivating in the best way possible!
In my interview with Meg, on unusual connection was our connection to Malaysia! Meg spent a part of her early childhood in Malaysia and I was born there! How unlikely but amazing a connection!
Mark your calendars for July 13th at 7 PM peeps! I know I will be there! Hope to see you there too!